With the sun shinning all the time now it is hard to not want to run out and soak it up. Service Specialties II, Inc. would like to remind everyone to be careful when it comes to sun exposure this summer.
Sunscreen should be kept close by especially now when everyone is getting their first taste of the suns rays. Dermatologists recommend using sunscreens with SPF’s greater then 30 on average. There is a chart below depicting the different time frames and skin types that you would use the different sunscreens for.
Downtown Mt. Clemens will be holding a Made in Michigan Show that will showcase Michigan products and companies. Service Specialties II, Inc. is proud to serve South East Michigan and participate in the events being held Friday May 10th and Saturday May 11th. On Friday you will be able to stop by from 11am – 8pm, Saturday the show opens at 10am and will end at 6pm.
Service Specialties II, Inc. will be offering $5 off coupons during the event and brochures with our available listings. That isn’t all though, we will be passing out a few gifts just stop by and take a look around. Its sure to be a great time. Click to RSVP to the event on Facebook, or re-tweet our event on Twitter.
We hope to see you there!
Our 35 years of writing leases has taught us one thing: be sure landlord’s and tenants’ obligations are clearly defined between each party. Its just good business for both landlord and tenant!
Just another service Service Specialties II, Inc. provides to enhance the value of our owner’s properties.
To keep up to date with all that’s going on, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.
As most of you may know by now we have monthly giveaways for people that apply with us. All of the approved applicants are entered into a drawing to win a prize for that month!
Last month one lucky family won the 16-piece dishware set. For April the prize will be the amazing crock pot shown below, included with a recipe book on what to make inside a crock pot. So take a look at our availabilities to see what you would like to apply for today!
Know how to protect yourself
If the weather service issues a tornado watch, it means that a tornado is possible in the area, and you should make preparations. A tornado warning means that a tornado is in the area and you should immediately take shelter.
Know what to do when a tornado is approaching.
If you are inside:
- Stay inside, close windows, and go to a designated, shelter area such as a safe room, basement, storm cellar, or the lowest building level.
- If there is no basement, go to the center of an interior room on the lowest level (for example, a closet or hallway) away from corners, windows, doors, and outside walls.
- Put as many walls as possible between you and the outside.
- Get under a sturdy table and use your arms to protect your head and neck.
- In a high-rise building, go to a small interior room or hallway on the lowest floor possible.
- If you are in a mobile home, get out immediately and go to a near by building.
If you are caught outside:
- Get into a vehicle, buckle your seat belt, and try to drive to the closest sturdy shelter.
- If your vehicle is hit by flying debris while you are driving, pull over and park. Stay in the car with the seat belt on, put your head down below the windows, and cover your head with your hands and a blanket, coat or cushion if possible.
- If you can safely get noticeably lower than the level of the roadway (for example, a trench, ditch or ravine), leave your car and lie in the area, covering your head with your hands.
- Don’t seek shelter under an overpass or bridge. You are safer in a low, flat location.
April is the start of tornado season for Michigan, the peak time is mid-June. Service Specialties II, Inc. hopes that none of you have to deal with a tornado, however we want you to be prepared just in case.
Adding some interesting decor to your home for Easter doesn’t need to cost an arm and a leg. You can always make your own decor with craft items that you find around the house, or even purchase. This way you can show off your families artistic side.
Remember that cut outs work great using some construction paper to ad depth to a layered design makes for a great piece. In craft stores you can find wood and foam eggs that you can decorate however you like and place in your home as decorations. Another great idea is taking a balloon blowing it up, then take yarn and wrap it around the balloon. Then simply spray hairspray to freeze the yarn, pop the balloon and there you go a yarn egg basket.
Sometimes when it comes to great decor ideas inside your home, all it takes is some ingenuity and thinking outside of the box. We hope you all have a great time preparing for Easter!
That time of the year is coming around. Yep at the end of the month it will be EASTER TIME!!
That means all the kids will want to start painting those eggs. While the classic method of going to the store and buying the regular coloring supplies. You can kick it up a notch by carving designs out of sticker paper and then coloring the egg. You could even keep it simple and use a fine tipped sharpie to add a cool design to any egg.
Speaking of cool designs have you ever wanted a golden egg. Well you can go get gold spray paint that would give an egg an amazing gold look that would impress anyone. While going the spray paint route is a little more pricy some of the results will have a smoother finish.
Whichever way you decide to color your eggs this year we hope you and your family have a great time.